FREELANCE MARKETING AND PUBLIC RELATIONS; GRAND JUNCTION, CO — JUNE 2015-PRESENT
- Ad hoc projects for a variety of clients, including market research and media relations for Colorado Mesa University, and copy writing and editing for Cranium 360.
- Available for your freelance projects in marketing and public relations, including copywriting, social media campaigns, blogging, media relations, website content creation and more. Contact me to discuss your project!
MARKETING DIRECTOR, GRAND JUNCTION ECONOMIC PARTNERSHIP, GRAND JUNCTION, CO — JANUARY 2016-PRESENT
- Develop marketing strategy for the official economic development agency for Colorado's Grand Valley, which includes the cities of Grand Junction and Fruita, the town of Palisade, Mesa County and surrounding areas.
- Plan and lead implementation of marketing efforts for business recruitment and retention, including media relations, advertising, content marketing, lead generation and social media.
ACCOUNT SUPERVISOR, DCI; DENVER, CO — 2013-JUNE 2015
- Developed and executed internal and external communications plans for cities and regions across North America
- Planned and implemented traditional and digital marketing strategies, including consulting on website development, content development and copywriting for marketing collateral, social media campaigns, event coordination and promotions
- Built media relations plans to earn clients top-tier and trade media placements through key message development, press releases, proactive pitching, press trips and media tours
- Managed three-person account team and was responsible for the company internship program, including hiring, orientation and professional development
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR-MARKETING, REGIS UNIVERSITY COLLEGE FOR PROFESSIONAL STUDIES; DENVER, CO — 2012-2013
- Developed integrated marketing strategies for college admissions that included web, email, direct mail, social media, search engine optimization, pay-per-click, cost-per-lead, events and sponsorships
- Planned and implemented a comprehensive media plan that spanned print, broadcast and online (display ads, reach and retargeting) for four schools within the college, business development and community college outreach
- Copywriting, copyediting, project management and creative direction on all marketing efforts
- Provided leadership for a marketing team of six, as well as managed multiple vendor relationships and acted as marketing liaison with internal clients and management
- Responsible for $4 million budget including forecasting, reconciliation, regularly evaluating and reporting on spend against a 30,000-lead generation goal
- Earned a 2012 marketing award for ecommunication from the University Professional & Continuing Education Association and a finalist spot for a 2012 Markie Award for ‘Extraordinary Email’ from Eloqua
MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER, REGIS UNIVERSITY COLLEGE FOR PROFESSIONAL STUDIES; DENVER, CO — 2011-2012
- Developed all print and online marketing communications collateral from initial conception, design layout and direction, copywriting and disclaimer language, proofing and editing, internal and external approvals, printing and invoicing process
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE, UK TRADE & INVESTMENT; NEW YORK, NY— 2008-2011
- Recruited UK consumer goods companies for US market entry and consulted on their market strategy, including: route to market, public relations/marketing efforts, web presence, establishing local contacts and building distribution channels
- Researched US market and interviewed industry experts to create commissioned reports, contributing over 30% of the team’s overall annual revenue and doubling personal revenue goal
- Wrote copy for newsletters, email blasts, and internal communications. Participated in social media task force and regularly published to LinkedIn and Twitter
- Coordinated events and traveled to national and international trade shows to represent the UK commercial service, establish contacts and build an inventory of resources for UK clients
- Efforts led to individual awards for achievement in 2010 and 2011, team awards for excellence in 2009 and 2010, and a team innovation award in 2009
PRODUCT MARKETING MANAGER, AMERICAN WATER WORKS ASSOCIATION; DENVER, CO — 2007-2008
- Managed direct marketing projects from initial concept, creative plan, copywriting, vendor relations, printing, production and editing
- Managed all aspects of direct mail pieces, email campaigns, and website, including creating, uploading and editing content and tracking with Google Analytics
- Responsible for a $600,000 marketing budget for six specialty conferences and workshops, a dozen seminars and webcasts, and new professional development programs
COLUMBIA GRADUATE SCHOOL OF JOURNALISM; NEW YORK, NY — MAY 2011
Master of Science, magazine concentration with coursework in consumer journalism, AP Styleguide and writing for the Columbia News Service.
STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK-FASHION INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY; NEW YORK, NY — MAY 2002
Bachelor of Science in advertising and marketing communications; Phi Theta Kappa, Presidential Scholar and summa cum laude graduate.
Internships: Marie Claire magazine, Kenneth Cole Productions and GenArt
Microsoft Office Suite; Apple OS X; Salesforce; Cision; Wordpress; Eloqua; Exact Target; Constant Contact; Mailchimp; Piwiq, Clicky and Google Analytics; Final Cut Pro; Adobe CS5; and social media — Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, YouTube, Vimeo and Flickr.
Fluent in Swedish; basic conversational and reading skills in French and Danish; and limited Spanish.